March 4, 2008

Sara Corbett & Mike Paterniti

Two journalists in one Portland household—and both write for the New York Times Magazine. Mike Paterniti and Sara Corbett are often away, however, laying the groundwork for their articles and books. Sometimes alone, as when Paterniti was Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein’s Brain (Dell, 2000). Sometimes together, as when Corbett recounts her experience of learning Spanish in Spain, in “Learning the Lingua Franca” in Travel and Leisure, May, 2004. Paterniti has won National Magazine Awards for features and profiles; Corbett’s New York Times essay “The Permanent Scars of Iraq” has been widely discussed.

This interview with Corbett and Paterniti by Charlotte Albright was included on the Council’s 30th Anniversary CD, “Maine Writers Speak.”

You can leave your feedback in the comments section, below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to use a quotation from Sara Corbett's article "The Women's War," New York Times Magazine, March 18, 2007, for the book Introduction to Human Services: Policies and Practice, 8th ed. I see on the Internet that she has died, and I wonder if you could give me the name and e-mail of a relative who would be able to give permission to use the quotation?

Betty Reid Mandell

Anonymous said...

I would like to use a quotation from Sara Corbett's article "The Women's War," New York Times Magazine, March 18, 2007, for the book Introduction to Human Services: Policies and Practice, 8th ed. I see on the Internet that she has died, and I wonder if you could give me the name and e-mail of a relative who would be able to give permission to use the quotation?

Betty Reid Mandell

Anonymous said...

Dear Betty,
Luckily I am the living Sara Corbett. You can email me at writersATtellingroom.org. Please let me know the quotation and the context and I'd be happy to grant permission. Thanks, Sara